From Johor Bahru Insurance
The Financial Mediation Bureau (FMB) is an independent body set up to help settle disputes between you and your financial services providers who are its members. Mediation, also known as "alternative dispute resolution process", is an alternative to the traditional litigation process. It provides you with a free and fast avenue to refer your disputes for resolution as an alternative to the courts. These disputes, however, must be banking or financial-related, including insurance and takaful-related and the amount claimed should not exceed the following:
- Banking/financial-related: RM100,000 (except for fraud cases involving payment instruments, credit cards, charge cards, ATM cards and cheques for which the limit is not more than RM25,000);
- Insurance/takaful-related : RM200,000 (Motor and fire insurance/takaful);
Financial Mediation Bureau (FMB) (click image for larger view)
- Others: RM100,000; and
- 3rd party property damage: RM5,000.
For details on how mediation is carried out, see FMB: Mediation process
- Financial Mediation Bureau
- Level 14, Main Block
- Dataran Kewangan Darul Takaful
- 50000 Kuala Lumpur.
- Tel: 03-22722811 (Complaints Mgmt Unit: Ext 206/207)
- Fax: 03-22745752
- Email: email@example.com